Summer Release 2014 Optimizes Critical Communications and Collaboration for Operational and Emergency Notification
GLENDALE, Calif.– Everbridge, the worldwide leader in unified critical communications, delivers consistent, innovative product enhancements to help businesses and governments meet their evolving unified communication and collaboration needs. The launch of the new Summer Release (2014) of its market-leading Unified Critical Communication Suite is no exception. New mobile, GIS, and expanded alerting enhancements enable Everbridge customers to deliver unified critical communications and situational intelligence within the context of their recipient’s needs, roles, and locations.
“Our customers are confronted daily with new challenges and opportunities related to mobility, business continuity, emergency notification, secure messaging, and more. We will continue to evolve our suite to meet these challenges—unifying critical communications across modalities and devices on a global scale.”
As enterprise mobility, BYOD, and other unified communications drivers continue to converge in an increasingly global, yet unpredictable world, organizations deploy Everbridge’s Unified Critical Communication Suite to respond and collaborate during both emergency and operational incidents. The latest release expands upon the recently launched Spring Release, offering new features designed to unify multi-modal, critical communications for diverse industries, including corporations, state and local government, healthcare, financial services, and higher education. The Summer Release includes new updates to Everbridge’s recently unveiled IT Alerting solution—specifically designed for IT Operations teams to improve communications and collaboration during incidents, resolving issues faster, and maximizing IT system uptime.
Additional upgrades to the Summer Release Include:
- Rich Text Formatting: The Everbridge suite provides enhanced rich text formatting support for email, enabling users to send the right message to the right contact path. Users can now deliver full-featured, unique messages, including entire web pages without modification, optimized for Phone, SMS, E-mail, and Push Notification contact paths.
- PrecisionGIS: Everbridge continues to offer the richest GIS functionality on the market with the addition of three new map-based targeting capabilities:
- Geo-Fencing: This new feature enables users to draw simple or multiple complex polygons to define boundaries and control the behavior of addresses located inside or outside the “fence.”
- Custom Base Maps: Everbridge supports commercial mapping applications, including Google, Bing and ESRI, and now enables organizations to overcome existing gaps with commercial maps by customizing the base map used within the Everbridge suite. The base maps can include the geographical or infrastructure information users need to make more informed decisions when preparing and targeting a message.
- Point-Address Geo-Coding: Users can now manage and provision all addresses down to the parcel level to ensure the data is accurate and precise enough for critical communications. This enables an advanced level of custom and granular geo-coding capabilities beyond what is available via commercial geo-coding applications.
- Mobile Enhancements: New mobile device registration simplifies user access and improves Mobile Member opt-in. New enhancements also include “silent mode” override for Android mobile devices to ensure that critical messages get delivered at all times.
- On-The-Go Alerting: This new partner functionality enables users to create and transmit customized alert messages directly from an iPad application. Users can draw affected areas directly on a map, while sending and receiving notifications through IPAWS communications channels.
- On-Call Scheduling: Everbridge now provides robust on-call scheduling to automate outreach to on-call teams with rotating coverage or complex shift changes. Seamlessly integrated with Everbridge notifications, on-call scheduling eliminates the need for manual call lists and handwritten calendars.
“The new enhancements to our Summer Release reflect our continuing commitment to product investment and innovation,” said Imad Mouline, CTO of Everbridge. “Our customers are confronted daily with new challenges and opportunities related to mobility, business continuity, emergency notification, secure messaging, and more. We will continue to evolve our suite to meet these challenges—unifying critical communications across modalities and devices on a global scale.”
Everbridge provides a unified critical communication suite that helps clients be better prepared, make better decisions, and respond quickly and confidently during disruptive events. When an incident happens, whether it’s a natural disaster or an IT service outage, we automate communications to ensure that the right messages get to the right people at the right time. Widely recognized by analysts as the market leader, Everbridge solutions are trusted by clients in all major industries and government sectors to connect with over 50 million people around the world. For more information about Everbridge, visit www.everbridge.com, read the company blog, http://www.everbridge.com/blog, and follow on Twitter and Facebook.