Always an enjoyable moment at the ESRI User Conference plenary session is John Calkin’s Top 10 list… this year it was Calkin’s Top 10 ArcGIS Time Savers.
Topping the list this year is auto bug report and error reporting to help/fix and report crashes. Below is Calkin’s last week in San Diego and a look at exactly how your feedback is used by the software development team. Video has been re-uploaded and embeded using YouTube.. sorry about the Vimeo issue – I won’t be using that service again!
So, the following Top ArcGIS 9.3 Time Savers that “you” asked for were presented as follows (in reverse order):
- Bookmarks and bookmark manager
- Pause label redraws
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Clip a raster from a shape (sweet!)
- Transparent legends
- Advanced table sorting, aliases and joinsReverse geocoding (nice!)
- Convert graphics to features
- Identify shortcuts and html popups
- Error reporting to help fix and report crashes