Autodesk has officially released the latest version of the popular free digital design data collaboration tool… Autodesk Design Review 2008. Share DWF files with project teams without requiring any specialized CAD viewing software to digitally review the designs.
DWFx files can be viewed and printed within Windows Vista, Microsoft XPS viewer, and Internet Explorer 7. For the Geospatial Technology user, accurately measure detailed information (in 3D), Georeference within DWF Files and much more. Read on for details.
About Design Review 2008:
Design Review supports all-digital collaboration and communication of design changes, as well as easy integration of feedback into Autodesk manufacturing, AEC and geospatial applications. Users can view files, print, measure and mark them up as part of the review process.
Autodesk Design Review 2008 helps improve these process efficiencies with new features:
- 3D measuring and mark-up with persistent views and user-defined coordinate systems
- Version comparison, allowing a reviewer to understand additions and deletions
- Georeferenced DWF files, giving field workers quick coordinate location details with GPS integration
- Contextual search, providing online access to ThomasNet and GlobalSpec product catalog information directly from the design
- Batch print with HP Instant Printing capabilities, accelerating printing productivity when sending multiple sheets or models to connected HP Designjet printers
Autodesk Design Review 2008 is a free download, available today in English, Chinese Simplified and Traditional, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and Portuguese at http://www.autodesk.com/designreview-download. Autodesk Freewheel Web service is also available free of charge* in English at http://freewheel.autodesk.com/. AutoCAD 2008 DWFx Driver is a utility download available at http://www.autodesk.com/autocad in the utilities and drivers section.
Recommended System Requirements
800 MHz Intel® Pentium® III or higher processor recommended
Microsoft® Windows Vista™, Windows® XP Professional or Home Edition, or Windows 2000 (SP4)
512 MB RAM
550 MB free disk space for installation
1024×768 VGA with true color recommended
Microsoft Internet Explorer® 6 or higher
Mouse, trackball, or compatible pointing device
See more in the official announcement – Autodesk Provides Customers Anytime, Anywhere Access to Review Designs Online and Offline