3D Nature, LLC, developers of 3D Landscape Design & Visualization Software and the popular World Construction Set also have a clever Google Earth KML/KMZ Exporter for their Scene Express solution. This is an ideal solution for those interested in integrating GIS, landscape visualization data, and Google Earth. Scene Express now includes a new exporter for creating landscapes in KML/KMZ format for use in Google Earth or other KML-compliant applications like ESRI’s ArcGIS Explorer or NASA’s WorldWind. Best of all, it supports Google Earth 4.
GIS-integrated 3D Landscape visualization – Scene Express
Export landcover textures including roads, orthophotos, foliage, 3D structures, water and other landscape elements from any WCS/VNS scene straight to Google Earth for viewing within an interactive 3D planet environment. Note: Scene Express 2 now supports Google Earth 4’s new capabilities
10 Cool things about Scene Express with Google Earth KML/KMZ Exporter:
- Rapidly build easily-deployable 3D Landscape Information Systems scenes using VNS and Scene Express’s powerful visual interface to GIS data
- supports Google Earth 4’s new capabilities
- Export multiple variants in different KML files and switch between them on the fly in Google Earth
- includes a new exporter for creating landscapes in KML/KMZ format for use in Google Earth or other KML-compliant applications like ESRI’s ArcGIS Explorer or NASA’s WorldWind.
- Converts 3D objects and Wall structures into Google Earth automatically
- Attach web pages, data tables, text documents, images, movies and sounds — any HTML text — to objects in the scene like Labels.
- automatically divide scenes into numerous output tiles to improve viewing performance
- Supports automatic KMZ file-zipping for convenient and compact distribution
- Export Vectors (CAD Polylines or GIS Polygons) into Google Earth from any VNS-supported projection or Coordinate System, or burn them into the overlay drape
- Supports both JPEG and PNG image formats for optimal choice between size and quality.
About Scene Express
Scene Express is an add on to World Construction Set 6 and Visual Nature Studio 2 that will allow users to export their projects for use in other formats. Scene Express exports terrain, textures, foliage, 3D objects, water, skies, basic fog and atmospheres and all other landscape elements. Adding Scene Express to the powerful landscape creation tools already found in WCS and VNS makes creating realtime environments from existing scenes as easy as clicking Export.
For More information about Scene Express with Google Earth KML/KMZ Exporter see http://3dnature.com/kml.html
Source of information: 3D Nature, LLC