IME UK Ltd. are pleased to announce the public beta release of their Oracle Spatial Checking application (OSC)
OSC allows you to review your Oracle spatial metadata, indexes and data in one place quickly and easily. For application independent GIS data management in Oracle it is essential to be able to audit and review the data outwith individual GIS interfaces. When problems arise, it can be difficult and time consuming to check through all Oracles’ requirements and in many cases it may require an oracle DBA to create and run scripts to highlight the areas where problems exist.
The Oracle Spatial Checker allows managers to better understand spatial data, quickly highlight problems and in many cases solve spatial issues at the database level using the simple and intuitive application.
“This IME application is essential in locating and resolving issues with spatial data in Oracle,” said Crispin Hoult, Technical Director at IME. “Whatever your GI system is, we assess the actual data store using powerful Oracle tools but without the need to call in a Spatial DBA – and what’s more it’s free to download!”
OSC OVERVIEW – The application is split into four main panels.
• Information on each accessible geometry column is shown.
• Each geometry column is colour coded signifying the status of the metadata and index.
• The column status affects which utilities are available.
• Creating missing metadata
• Creating missing spatial indexes
• Correct mismatches in coordinate system
• Update extents within the metadata
• Drop spatial indexes
• Drop metadata
• Allocate a primary key to an existing field
• Three views of the data available
o Summary – summary of geometry types within the column
o Details – the geometry for each record
o Errors – only geometries that have Oracle spatial errors
• Details of geometry objects in each record displayed
Diagram showing error locations
• Where details or errors are being displayed, a basic drawing of the geometry is shown
• The line drawing can be panned around using the mouse
• Zoom in, out and reset buttons are available
• Buttons allow the points, arrows and text on the diagram to be shown or hidden.
• Printing gives a more detailed hard copy version of the geometry.
• If errors exist, they are highlighted, where possible in the diagram, and can be zoomed to using a dropdown box.
The current Beta runs on Windows XP / Server 2003 and requires the following components:
• .Net 2.0 framework installed.
• Oracle 9i or 10g client installed and configured.
The beta can be downloaded and installed without registration at http://www.ime.co.uk/apps/osc
The current beta is fully functional, but time limited.
Please contact us directly if you require a standalone executable version.
About IME UK Ltd.
IME UK Ltd. is an application development and system integration company specialising in Geo-Spatial Solutions, operational systems, web and database (e-commerce) operations, AutoCAD and document management solutions for utilities, security services, blue chip organizations, Local Authorities and National Governments.
We are committed to providing quality and excellence in everything we do and provide our clients with a complete range of high quality solutions for the management and dissemination of business information. Our skills range through the whole development cycle from design consultancy, project management, systems-build and integration and training to ongoing dedicated technical support.