Powerful geospatial plug-in suite for Adobe Photoshop CS2 now enhanced with new features
Toronto, ON, March 6, 2006 – Avenza Systems Inc., producers of MAPublisher cartographic software for Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia FreeHand as well as MAPdataUSA and MAPdataWorld royalty-free data sets, announces that it has released an update to Geographic Imager, a new plug-in suite for Adobe Photoshop CS2 software that adds geospatial functionality to this powerful image editing program.
“Following the successful release and tremendous reception of the initial Geographic Imager release last fall, we are delighted to be following up so quickly with this update”, said Ted Florence, President of Avenza Systems. “We have responded to the requests of our users to add the functionality and improvements that they have asked for.” he added.
Geographic Imager enhances the already commanding Adobe Photoshop CS2 imaging environment by adding all the tools and technology necessary to support the import, edit, manipulation and export of geospatial images such as aerial and satellite imagery. In addition to allowing the use of Photoshop CS2 and its numerous native imaging functions such as cropping, transparencies, individual pixel editing and brightness/contrast control, Geographic Imager adds the ability to import and recognize geotiffs and other referenced raster formats, automatically mosaic images spatially, reproject and transform images, geo-reference images based on ground control points and re-export images with all spatial information intact.
Features and Benefits of Geographic Imager
– Allows the use of Adobe Photoshop native functionality without destroying the spatial properties of the image
– Import and export geotiffs and other spatial raster formats along with all georeferencing
– Georeference non-referenced imagery
– Ground Control Point (GCP) transformation
– Reprojection of spatial imagery
– Automatic mosaicking of spatial imagery
– Adobe Photoshop CS2 compatible
– Mac, Windows and floating licenses available
Features of the Geographic Imager 1.1 update
– Support for French, German, Italian and Dutch language versions of Adobe Photoshop CS2
– Improved memory management during reprojection allowing for the reprojection of bigger images
– Unrestricted mosaicking of multilayered images
– Improved handling of reprojection results that greatly distort the original image extents
– Additional colour mode support for Ground Control Point (GCP) transformation
– Coordinate system details are now accessible from the main palette
– Various GCP viewing precision and usability fixes
– Numerous cosmetic fixes and improved overall application stability
More about Geographic Imager
Geographic Imager is powerful software for working with spatial imagery in Adobe Photoshop that leverages the superior image editing capabilities of this raster-based image-editing software. Geographic Imager is priced starting at US$599 for a single-user fixed commercial license. MAPublisher maintenance program members may enjoy a US$100 time-limited discount. Educational and floating licenses as well as discounted MAPublisher/ Geographic Imager bundles are also available. Full details are available at www.avenza.com.
More about MAPublisher
MAPublisher is powerful map production software for creating cartographic-quality maps from GIS data. Developed as a suite of plug-ins for Adobe Illustrator and Macromedia Freehand, MAPublisher leverages the superior graphics capabilities of these graphics design applications.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools for making better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services. Visit www.avenza.com for more details.
For further information contact: