VANCOUVER, British Columbia– July 7, 2005–The Board of Directors of International Wayside Gold Mines Ltd. (the “Company”) (TSX VENTURE:IWA) wishes to announce consulting GIS technician and geologist Ken Lord has completed the IWA MapServer Website, an online mapping website for the companies of the Cariboo Gold Project.
The website has been used internally as a data repository and aid for planning exploration by company geologists for over a year and is now available for use by the public. http://188.8.131.52/ms/IWAfs.html
Visitors to the website can zoom and pan over customizable property maps with features on 100+ layers showing a variety of historic and recent gold exploration data. Many map layers contain features that can be queried to return detailed information such as assays, cross sections, and reports. Visitor generated maps can be printed with a detailed legend in a printer friendly format.
Viewable project data includes:
– 325+ diamond drill holes from 1995 to 2004 can be queried to display assay tables and cross section figures.
– 10,000+ soil samples between Mt. Tom and Barkerville dating from the 1970’s to 2001, symbolized to represent your choice of 32 elements. Sample points can be queried to show the results of each element assayed.
– 11 airbourne and 8 ground based geophysical surveys.
– BC Minfile and Assessment Reports may be viewed directly from the British Columbia Government websites by querying points on the map in the Minfile and ARIS map layers.
– Underground mine levels of the historic mines.
– Regional base data: roads, rivers, lakes etc.
– All overlain on a 2001 25cm Orthophoto mosaic or 15m LandSat base.
Remotely served data layers are also available, for example:
– Live forest fire locations, updated every 12 hours.
– Live earthquake epicenter locations, for quakes greater than magnitude 3, updated every 5 minutes.
– 1m resolution Orthophotos served from the BC TRIM dataset covering most of the province.
– 15m pan sharpened LandSat images served by NASA, Global coverage. Check out the QR and Mt. Polley open pits and other regional features of the Cariboo as seen from space
The website is updated periodically, adding new tools, new exploration data and newly compiled historic data.
As the project progresses, new datasets will include more geophysics surveys, hundreds of drill holes, thousands of additional soil samples, environmental assessment and permitting data, and other information drawn from company records and assessment reports from across the Barkerville Gold Camp.
The website is powered by MapServer and PostGIS, which are cutting edge mapping and spatial database software that are open source (free) and allow the development of powerful tools without the large investment required simply to purchase the standard software.
The Cariboo Gold Project’s land holdings now cover 456 square kilometers (170 square miles) covering 57 kilometers (34 miles) in length and over 8 kilometers (5 miles) in width. In the Barkerville Camp, 79 creeks have reported placer gold production. Recorded production from the area was 3.8 million ounces of gold (2.6 million ounces from placer and 1.2 million ounces from lode mining.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS
J. Frank Callaghan, President and CEO
This news release contains forward-looking statements regarding the timing and content of upcoming programs. Actual results may differ materially from those currently anticipated in such statements.
The TSX Venture Exchange has neither approved nor disapproved of the information contained herein.
International Wayside Gold Mines Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:IWA)
International Wayside Gold Mines Ltd.
J. Frank Callaghan
President and CEO
(604) 669-6463 or Toll Free: 1-800-663-9688
Fax: (604) 669-3041