Flying Beyond Controlled Airspace: Tips and Advice on Applying for an FAA Waiver or Authorization
On September 13, the FAA completed the rollout of LAANC to nearly 500 airports in the United States. In this webinar, we’ll show you how to access controlled airspace and how to get permission to fly above the published grid altitudes.
We’ll also share practical advice on applying for an FAA waiver or authorization as well as best practices on how to set up your drone program for success and common mistakes to avoid. In addition, we’ll give an update on current U.S. drone regulations and a sneak peek on what we think is likely to come next.
In this webinar, we’ll cover:
- Logistics of flight planning in controlled airspace
- Tips on getting fast access to controlled airspace with LAANC
- What to expect when applying for an FAA waiver or authorization
- A case study on night operations with Skyward’s chief pilot
- How to set up actionable policies and procedures that support a safe and efficient workflow
- Creating efficient, low-risk workflows (and more) in Skyward
Time: 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM EDT