RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
Des Plaines, IL (May 15, 2018) – URISA is thrilled to partner with the California Geographic Information Association (CGIA) and the four California URISA Chapters – SoCal, NorCal, CentralCal and BayGEO – to present GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 in Palm Springs this year.
Those five California-based geospatial organizations typically collaborate to present CalGIS each spring, an event that has a long history (nearly 25 years) of educational and community-building excellence. Instead of two separate meetings this year, join us all this October 9-12 for one geospatial super-event in Palm Springs.
Start reviewing the comprehensive workshop and training opportunities, keynote addresses (Jack Dangermond from Esri and Gregory Hanks from the U.S. Census Bureau), professional development and networking events, and the abundance of concurrent breakout sessions in these focused program tracks:
- GIS Leadership & Management
- Data Driven (aka Smart) Communities
- GIS for Natural Resources
- GIS for NextGen 9-1-1 & Emergency Response
- GIS Supporting Health & Human Services
- Inspiring the Future of GIS
- Geospatial Technology Innovations
The workshop line-up is second-to-none this year. Attendance at one workshop is included with a full registration. Select from these opportunities:
- Asset Management Systems 201
- A Practical Introduction to Open Source GIS
- UAS Mapping Outputs: A Hands-on Course for Integrating UAS Data into GIS Workflows
- National Hydrography Dataset (NHD) Applications Workshop
- Managing Addressing for the 21st Century
- GIS Program Management
- Health Applications of Geographic Information Science
- Preparing for GISP Certification
- NG9-1-1 and the GIS Workflow
Take some time to peruse the entire GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 AGENDA with details about the presentations, speakers, and proposal submissions. Take note of the opportunities to connect with your fellow GIS professionals and even contribute during the Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Mapathon. Spend some time in the Esri Hands-On Learning Lab; learn about new products in the Exhibition; and participate in a GIS Scavenger Hunt.
Of course, attendance at GIS-Pro & CalGIS 2018 counts toward your GISP certification and renewal and we’re submitting substantial content for AICP certification maintenance credit.
REGISTER by July 23 to take advantage of discounts.
Visit www.gis-pro.org today!