RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
Government leaders will discuss needs from industry and business opportunities
Herndon, Virginia (April 9, 2018)—Industry seeking insight into some of the government’s most challenging problems as well as possible new business opportunities should attend Government Pavilion Stage presentations during the GEOINT 2018 Symposium, which takes place April 22-25 at the Tampa Convention Center in Tampa, Fla.
The Government Pavilion Stage, sponsored by Oracle, is located in the exhibit hall and presents an opportunity for attendees and exhibitors alike to hear from government directors, managers, and senior leaders directly responsible for critical projects and programs.
Some of the many confirmed speakers on the 2018 Government Pavilion Stage include:
- Collin Agee, Senior Army Operations Advisor to NGA, Army GEOINT Office
- Dr. David Alexander, Chief Geospatial Scientist, First Responders Group, DHS S&T
- Dr. David Applegate, Chair, Civil Applications Committee
- Ellen Ardrey, Associate Director for Support, NGA
- Lt. Gen. John Bansemer, Assistant Director of National Intelligence for Partner Engagement, ODNI
- Terrence V. Busch, Chief Data Officer, DIA
- Scott Currie, Acquisition, NGA
- Dr. Joseph F. Fontanella, Director, U.S. Army Geospatial Center
- Dustin Gard-Weiss, Associate Director for Enterprise, NGA
- Maj. Gen. Karen Gibson, J2, CENTCOM
- Chris Hewett, Assistant Secretary for Capability and Development, Australian Geospatial-Intelligence Organisation
- Peter Muend, Director, Commercial Systems Program Office, NRO
- Justin Poole, Deputy Director, NGA
- Col. David Robinson, Senior Service Lead, DIUx
- Maj. Gen. Linda R. Urrutia-Varhall, Associate Director for Operations, NGA
- Dr. Anthony Vinci, Chief Technology Officer, NGA
Urrutia-Varhall will lead a discussion April 23 with Gard-Weiss, Hewett, and Gibson on “GEOINT Ops in a Multi-Lateral World.” This panel will be followed by Currie discussing NGA’s CIBORG contract vehicle with NGA’s Will Jackson and GSA’s Jill Thomas and Bill Zielinski.
Also April 23, Ardrey and Agee—along with NGA’s Dan Scott, Julia Bowers of Pearl Analysis, and Erik Kleinsmith of American Military University—will discuss GEOINT training standards.
On April 24, Vinci will lead a panel featuring NGA’s David Gauthier and Christy Monaco as well as Matt Bigge of CrossLink Capital, Rich Byrne of MITRE, Chad Steelberg of Veritone, and Nat Puffer of In-Q-Tel. The group will discuss “From Data to AI: How Does NGA Work with Industry to Get to the Future?”
Also April 24, Gard-Weiss will be joined by Applegate, Bansemer, NGA’s Gary Dunow, Nicole Gibson of PricewaterhouseCoopers, and Maj. Gen. John Howard of New Zealand Defence Forces/DIA to discuss “Operationalizing the Enterprise: Challenges and Opportunities.”
Poole will moderate a panel on NGA acquisition reform April 25. NGA’s Monaco, Nicole Pierce, Jennifer Schnarre, Tanya Pemberton, and Diana Hughes will join him to discuss the agency’s efforts to modernize acquisition.
Click here to view the full Government Pavilion Stage agenda.
Visit geoint2018.com to see the entire four-day Symposium agenda and register to attend or exhibit.
USGIF is a nonprofit educational foundation dedicated to promoting the geospatial intelligence tradecraft and developing a stronger GEOINT Community with government, industry, academia, professional organizations, and individuals who develop and apply geospatial intelligence to address national security challenges. USGIF achieves its mission via its strategic pillars: Build the Community | Advance the Tradecraft | Accelerate Innovation.