RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
The 8th International Conference on High Resolution Surveys in Shallow Water is now accepting abstracts for its conference, taking place October 1-3, 2018, in St. John’s, NL at the Delta Hotel.
The Fisheries and Marine Institute of Memorial University of Newfoundland and the Canadian Hydrographic Service invites interested parties to submit proposals for presentations on high resolution surveys in shallow water.
All conference abstract submissions must be made by e-mail to Kirk Regular or Paul Brett at Shallowsurvey@mi.mun.ca no later than May 15, 2018. Notification of decisions on submitted abstracts will be issued on June 15, 2018.
In keeping with the broad scope of promoting progress in seabed mapping in the coastal environment, we welcome abstracts from a wide swath of approaches to shallow water hydrography – from multibeam, to swath (or swathe), to LiDAR, to satellites; AUV’s, ASV’s, UAV’s, and advanced data processing, fusion and visualization techniques – highlighting both the practical developments in these technologies, as well as advancements in our understanding of the seabed gained as a result.
The conference organizers would like to showcase the technologies being developed to address current and future hydrographic requirements are enabling the hydrographic community to ask questions and set standards that were previously not practical to even consider. Presentations should be proposed in the form of an abstract and include:
- Title, author’s name and contact information, including title, employer, address, telephone, fax and e-mail
- Identification of primary speaker where different from the author or where there are multiple authors
- Abstract (no more than 300 words)
- Author’s biographical information (no more than 150 words)
- List of any other events or venues where the presentation may have been previously presented.
A template for proposal submission can be found at www.shallow-survey.com.