RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
The Washington State Chapter of the Urban and Regional Information Systems Association (WAURISA) invites you to share your experience, expertise, and knowledge with colleagues and offer solutions for success by presenting at the 2018 annual conference in Olympia, WA May 23 – 24. Individuals chosen to present will gain recognition by their peers, raise awareness of critical issues, and identify current trends in the industry.
The Presentations Sub-Committee is seeking presenters on a wide range of GIS topics and will select presentations, panel discussions, and lightning talks that reflect an array of interests and levels of expertise. Selection will be based on the value of the proposed topic to the audience and the clarity of the abstract.
Abstract Submission DEADLINE: March 27, 2018
The Presentations Sub-Committee is seeking:
· Paper Presentations – 30 to 90 minutes long
· Lightning Talks – no longer than 15 minutes
· Panels – participant list must be formed prior to abstract submittal
· Late submissions are welcome, however priority will be given to those submitted by the deadline.
Speakers receive will these benefits:
· Individual speaker presentations receive a 40% discount (Max of 1 discount) and Multi speaker presentations receive a 20% discount off of registration fees per speaker. (Max of 3 speakers can receive the discount.)
· 1 GISCI Contribution Point for a Conference Presentation in addition to points earned for attending the conference and being a WAURISA member.
· Presentations may also qualify for PDH’s needed for ASPRS certification or professional licenses, (For information on what to retain as proof, contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Speakers – please submit the following information:
· Presentation Title
· Presenter Bio(s)
· Presentation Abstract Description (to be published in the conference program, 300 word limit)
· Presenter Contact Information
· Presentation Type (Paper/Lightning/Panel)
Submit abstract to: email@example.com
Keep up to date with all the latest conference news by following WAURISA on Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook or visit our website at https://waurisa.wildapricot.
The Washington State Chapter of URISA (http://www.waurisa.org/) exists for the purpose of recognizing, supporting and encouraging professional growth through continuing education, communication, technical development and service to its members and others in the field of geospatial and information technologies. It is a non-profit association of GIS professionals using geospatial technology to solve problems in state, regional and local government. WAURISA members are from many disciplines and are dedicated to advancing the effective application of GIS technology in decision making and streamlining government operations and services. Other areas in which our members use this technology for problem solving include planning, transportation, public works, the environment, emergency services and utilities.
Conference url: https://waurisa.wildapricot.