Premier LiDAR Conference & Expo to deliver sessions on UAS LiDAR, data acquisition approaches, project case studies and much more.
December 4, 2017 (Portland, ME) – The organizers of International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF), the world’s leading technical conference and expo covering the newest airborne, terrestrial and underwater LiDAR as well as emerging remote-sensing and data collection tools and technologies, announced the 2018 conference program. The 18th annual edition of ILMF will take place alongside the ASPRS Annual Conference February 5-7, 2018 in Denver, Colorado.
The main ILMF conference program includes these featured presentations:
- Adam LeWinter of USACE-CRREL on Unmanned Aerial Systems for High Resolution Laser Scanning Applications
- Stefan Hrabar of CSIRO on Mapping of Underground Mines with an Autonomous Drone.
- Iain Woodhouse of Carbomap on Fixed-Wing UAV with LiDAR, Hyperspectral Imaging and Real-Time Processing
- Dr. Julien Vallett of Helimap Systems on What you Can Expect from UAV Mapping.
- Chris Hopkinson of University of Lethbridge on Mapping of Soil Depth Following Wildfire using Multi-Spectral and Multi-Temporal LiDAR
- Amar Nayegandhi of Dewberry on Multi-Sensor Topo-Bathymetric Approach to Mapping the Everglades National Park
- Charles Write of NOAA on Using LiDAR, Manned Aircraft SfM, and UAS SfM for Coastal Mapping
Project Case Studies:
- Martin Flood of GeoCue on Updating Legacy LiDAR Projects at USDA: Benefits, Challenges and Lessons Learned
- Michael Meiser of Woolpert on the Use of LiDAR in Platinum-Group Element Mining at the Stillwater Complex, MT
- Al Karlin of SWFWMD on High-Density LiDAR to Meet Southwest Florida Water Management District’s Specifications for Diverse Applications in Florida
Other topics include:
- Advanced Geo-Technologies
- Advanced LiDAR Topics
- Bathymetric LiDAR
- Coastal Mapping
- Data Acquisition Approaches
- Data Fusion
- Geiger Mode/Single Photon
- LiDAR Data Processing
- LiDAR Sensor Topics
- UAS LiDAR
- USGS 3DEP
- USGS Updates
- Topo-Bathymetric LiDAR
In addition to the main program, “Product Previews” will provide brief updates on vendors’ newest products and latest advances.
More than 60 mapping experts will be speaking at ILMF 2018, including professionals from research organizations, government agencies and private enterprise, as well as leading academics.
In addition to the conference content, attendees can explore the very best of LiDAR along with a growing host of new and complementary remote-sensing solutions. The exhibit floor will have more than 60 leading technology, software and service providers from around the world.
The current exhibitor list can be viewed here. For the fourth consecutive year, the exhibit floor will have a UAV/UAS pavilion to arm delegates with insight into the growing UAV/UAS market and the opportunities this presents for aerial LiDAR professionals.
For the first time, ILMF and the ASPRS Annual Conference will take place together. That means more education, networking and technology than ever before. Lisa Murray with ILMF expressed her excitement about the opportunity. “The geospatial community has long been asking event partners to work together. This is a giant step toward a shared vision of bringing industry members together with government and academia for a powerful combination of education, technology innovation and commercial exchange. ILMF and ASPRS share the goal of creating more value for members, attendees and exhibitors by offering multiple learning tracks and a vibrant exhibit floor that pairs the latest technology with hands-on workshops and in-market solutions.” More information about the co-location can be found here.
Early-bird registration is available now. Interested parties are encouraged to register before the early-bird deadline of December 15 to save $200. Registration is available online here.
About International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF)
International LiDAR Mapping Forum (ILMF) is a technical conference & exhibition focused on airborne, terrestrial and underwater LiDAR as well as emerging remote-sensing and data collection tools and technology used for applications including Asset Management; Civil Infrastructure; Coastal Zone Mapping; Emergency Services & Disaster Response; Land and Natural Resource Management; and Urban Modeling. The 2017 edition of the annual event will be held February 13-15, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Denver at Colorado Convention Center. For more information, visit lidarmap.org. ILMF is part of a network of events and media for the global geospatial market organized by Diversified Communications that includes Commercial UAV Expo Americas, Commercial UAV Expo Europe, Commercial UAV News, SPAR3D Expo & Conference and SPAR3D.com.