NEWTON, MASSACHUSETTS (USA) – Caliper is excited to announce the release of a free Average Annual Daily Traffic (AADT) map layer. Annual average daily traffic is the total volume of vehicle traffic on a highway or road for a year divided by 365 days. AADT is a useful and simple measurement of how busy a road is and is useful for:
- selecting a new site or facility location, evaluating a site, or designing a territory
- determining funding for highway maintenance and improvement
- forecasting road maintenance needs and expenditure
- identifying the best location for your business based on traffic patterns
- analyzing how traffic may impact store construction
- analyzing the environmental hazards of sound and pollution related to road transport
The downloaded layer can be added to any Maptitude 2017 map.
Caliper Corporation develops state-of-the-art Geographic Information Systems (GIS) software. With a focus on usability, Maptitude is designed to be a cost-effective, professional healthcare mapping software product. Maptitude enables organizations to leverage their location-based data to improve decision making and planning, while minimizing expenditure through competitively priced solutions.