Des Plaines, IL (August 31, 2017) URISA is pleased to announce the results of its 2017 URISA Board of Directors’ election. Kim McDonough will serve in the position of President-Elect and Lynn Dupont, Glenn O’Grady and Bryan Townsend will serve as Directors. They will all begin their three-year terms at the conclusion of GIS-Pro 2017 in Jacksonville, Florida this October.
“I am extremely humbled to have been chosen to help lead this great organization that has been such a vital part of my professional and personal for almost 30 years. My degree is not in GIS, so much of my success in the field is because I have been exposed to some of the giants in the industry through URISA. We are now entering into a new phase of our history as we move to a new organizational structure that will enable us to be even more effective as a leader going into the future. We will need to all work closely together to make this successful, so I will really need everyone’s help. I look forward to what the future holds for our profession and URISA and I look forward to serving as your president in another year!” – Kim H. McDonough, GISP, Senior IT Manager, Tennessee Department of Transportation, Nashville, Tennessee
Kim will serve as President-Elect for one year and his term as President will begin at the conclusion of the 2018 conference in Palm Springs, California.
Elected to the URISA Board of Directors:
- Lynn Dupont, GISP, ASLA , GIS Coordinator/Principal Planner, Regional Planning Commission, New Orleans, Louisiana
- Michael (Glenn) O’Grady, GISP, Planning Commission Chairman, City of Encinitas, California
- Bryan Townsend, GISP, GIS Manager, York County, York, South Carolina
Teresa Townsend was elected by the membership as President-Elect last year and will begin her term as President of URISA at the conclusion of the Jacksonville conference.
At the close of GIS-Pro 2017 in Jacksonville, the terms of service for these URISA Board members will conclude and we thank them all, in advance, for their amazing dedication and service to URISA:
- Immediate Past-President: Rebecca Somers, GISP, Somers-St. Claire GIS Management Consultants, Fairfax, Virginia
- Treasurer: Martin Roche, GISP, Avineon, Orlando, Florida
- Valrie Grant, GISP, GeoTechVision, Kingston, Jamaica
- Kevin Mickey, GISP, The Polis Center-IUPUI, Indianapolis, Indiana