Des Plaines, IL (July 19, 2017) URISA’s Leadership Development Committee recently presented its recommended slate of candidates to the URISA Board of Directors. The Board approved the slate, listed below, for its 2017 election. Those elected will begin their three-year Board terms following GIS-Pro 2017 in Jacksonville, Florida this October. URISA is pleased to present the following list of candidates for URISA President-Elect and for Directors on the Board.
FOR PRESIDENT-ELECT —
· Kim McDonough, GISP, Senior IT Manager, Tennessee Department of Transportation, Nashville, TN
· Martin Roche, GISP, Director, GIS Services and Solutions, Avineon, Inc., Orlando, FL
FOR BOARD OF DIRECTORS—(to fill 3 positions)
· Lynn Dupont, GISP, ASLA – GIS Coordinator/Principal Planner, Regional Planning Commission, New Orleans, LA
· Alex Hepp – Director, Assessment, CycloMedia Technology, Inc., Manahawkin, NJ
· Greg Newkirk, GISP, AICP – GIS Manager, Fremont County, Saint Anthony, ID
· Michael (Glenn) O’Grady, GISP – Planning Commission Chairman, City of Encinitas, CA
· Mark Sievers, AICP – Quality Assurance Director, Data Transfer Solutions, Orlando, FL
· Bryan Townsend, GISP – GIS Manager, York County, York, SC
The official ballots will be distributed to the entire URISA membership shortly. The deadline for URISA members to cast their votes is August 24. To help members decide for whom to vote, candidates will provide a profile of their professional experience and a statement about their ideas for URISA’s future.