NGOs from around the World Explore Ways The Science of Where Can Help Build a Better Future
Redlands, California—May 5, 2017—Esri, the global leader in spatial analytics, and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research’s (UNITAR) Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT) will host the GIS for a Sustainable World Conference May 9 through 11 in Geneva, Switzerland.
The conference will showcase the ways international organizations are using location to unlock the full potential of data. Esri staff will be on hand to inform attendees about how these organizations can leverage geographic information systems (GIS) technology to make sustainable development goals a reality by working to fight poverty, inequality, disease, and climate change.
- Clint Brown, Head of Product Engineering, Esri
- Jeff Baranyi, Solution Engineer, Disaster Response Program, Esri
- Einar Bjorgo, Manager, UNOSAT, United Nations Institute for Training and Research
- Mohamed Ramadan, Consultant to the Government of Egypt – CAPMAS
- Ulf Mansson, Senior Project Manager, Sweco
- Yves Ubelmann, Founder and CEO, Iconem
GIS for a Sustainable World Conference
Key inspirational talks include:
- Esri—Empowering the international community through ArcGIS
- Sweco—Innovative community planning and integrating GIS with the popular interactive game Minecraft
- Iconem—Data collection to preserve threatened cultural sites using drones
- Egypt—Meeting sustainable development goals with open data
9 Chemin des Mines
1202 Geneva, Switzerland
WHEN: Tuesday–Thursday, May 9–11, 2017
LEARN MORE: esri.com/events/gisforsdgs
# # #
Since 1969, Esri has been giving customers around the world the power to think and plan geographically. The market leader in GIS, Esri software is used in more than 350,000 organizations worldwide including each of the 200 largest cities in the United States, most national governments, more than two-thirds of Fortune 500 companies, and more than 7,000 colleges and universities. Esri applications, running on more than one million desktops and thousands of Web and enterprise servers, provide the backbone for the world’s mapping and spatial analysis. Esri is the only vendor that provides complete technical solutions for desktop, mobile, server, and Internet platforms. Visit us at esri.com/news.