RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
Popular GeoPackage now a supported format
Toronto, ON, May 11, 2016 – Avenza Systems Inc., producers of the PDF Maps app for mobile devices and geospatial plug-ins for Adobe Creative Cloud, including Geographic Imager® for Adobe Photoshop®, is pleased to announce the release of MAPublisher 9.7 for Adobe Illustrator. This latest update includes many new features including GeoPackage support. This release also introduces improvements to how Web Map Services are imported, making it easier manage services and to interactively select areas.
“We’re delighted to release MAPublisher 9.7 with support for the GeoPackage format,” said Ted Florence, President of Avenza. “GeoPackages are gaining popularity and is an important format to support in MAPublisher and other Avenza solutions moving forward,” he added. “We’re committed to providing our users the ability to use open and interoperable data sources to create high-quality maps and publishing to print, web and mobile.”
Enhancements and new features of MAPublisher 9.7
- Fully compatible with Adobe Illustrator Creative Cloud 2015 on both Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) and Mac
- Web Map Services (WMS) can now be managed and organized into folders. Selecting an area of a web map layer is now easier with improved selection tools.
- The GeoPackage format, a platform-independent database that can contain raster data, is now supported in Export to Web Tiles and Export Document to GeoPackage.
- Map scales are now shown when selecting maximum zoom. Exporting to Web Tiles now includes GeoPackage as a map provider. A post export option allows you to open the destination folder containing the web tiles.
- New MAPublisher help system is now online. Browse help topics for tools, features, and tutorials. Most MAPublisher dialog boxes now link directly to help topics
- MAPublisher FME Auto is now compatible with FME Desktop 2016.1
- Various user interface and performance enhancements to improve usability
More about MAPublisher for Adobe Illustrator
MAPublisher for Adobe Illustrator is powerful map production software for creating high-quality maps from GIS data. MAPublisher cartographic tools leverage the superior graphic design capabilities of Adobe Illustrator to manipulate GIS data and to produce both print-ready and online maps with accuracy and efficiency.
MAPublisher 9.7 is available free of charge to all MAPublisher users with an active maintenance subscription and as an upgrade for non-maintenance users at US$599. New commercial licenses are US$1399. MAPublisher FME Auto and MAPublisher LabelPro are also available as add-ons to MAPublisher 9.7 at prices starting at US$399 per license. Academic, floating and volume pricing are also available. Prices include one year of full maintenance. Visit www.avenza.com/mapublisher for more details.
More about Avenza Systems Inc.
Avenza Systems Inc. is an award-winning, privately held corporation that provides cartographers and GIS professionals with powerful software tools to make better maps. In addition to software offerings for Mac and Windows users, Avenza offers value-added data sets, product training and consulting services, as well as the PDF Maps app for purchasing and using maps on iOS and Android mobile devices. Visit www.avenza.com for more details