MobiControl Expands Management Capabilities for Android and Windows and Enhances Distribution of Enterprise Apps to Managed Devices
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario – January 18, 2016 — SOTI Inc., the world’s leading provider of Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) solutions, today introduced SOTI MobiControl 13.0. This latest version of SOTI’s flagship product provides broader integration with any device form factor, provides consistent user experiences across all devices, and helps ready enterprises for supporting next-generation Internet of Things (IoT) connected devices.
SOTI MobiControl offers a full suite of enterprise-ready benefits, including open APIs so customers can integrate device management functions into business workflows in the areas of device inventory management, data migration and device lifecycle management.
“With MobiControl 13.0, we’re focused on enabling the next phase of enterprise mobility, by further refining the ability to customize mobile management experiences,” said Oscar Rambaldini, Vice President of Product Development at SOTI. “By unlocking our APIs for integration, third-parties including enterprise developers, value-added resellers and systems integrators can deliver device management features into their custom workflow environments at a rapid pace, fueling new innovations and use cases yet to be discovered.”
Notable enhancements in SOTI MobiControl 13.0 include a redesigned self-service portal, improvements to how line of business apps are deployed, and a variety of third-party enhancements.
Highlights include the following:
- Integration APIs: SOTI MobiControl 13.0 includes a set of RESTful web service APIs to enable developers to manage devices, users, and system properties. The integration APIs allow enterprise developers, system integrators, and value added resellers to integrate device management functions into business workflows in the areas of device inventory management, data migration and device lifecycle management.
- Windows 10 Enhancement: In MobiControl 13.0, SOTI has extended Windows 10 support to include Windows 10 Mobile, in addition to the already supported Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Home. New features help improve security and management of all Windows endpoints, including smartphones, tablets, laptops and desktops. Users will see a consistent device management experience across all Windows 10 endpoints, and they can enroll mobile devices wherever they are located through Microsoft Azure Active Directory authentication.
- Android for Work Enhancements: With MobiControl 13.0, SOTI provides additional Google Android for Work support for corporately-owned personally-enabled (COPE), corporate-owned business only (COBO), and special purpose devices. This version also adds Kiosk Mode to lock a device to an app (Android M and higher). Now businesses can harmonize mobility management across BYOD and corporate liable devices and enjoy the benefits of MobiControl and Android for Work, while providing users a wider selection of compatible Android devices.
- Packages via Profiles: Now, with MobiControl 13.0, IT administrators can leverage SOTI MobiControl powerful Profiles configuration tool to better manage applications, content and scripts on a device via Packages. This enhancement helps IT deliver everything users might need to get their devices up and running quickly, and features self-service capabilities so users can select when settings, applications and content are updated. This additional automation reduces IT costs and helps lower deployment errors while giving IT improved visibility and insight of application and content deployment.
- SONY Device Extended Management Capabilities: New device management features include silent app installation, so IT administrators can install required applications to user devices without their help. It also offers improved management of user credentials to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync or Nitrodesk Touchdown. It also provides rooting status (logging), disable cellular data and disable NFC when needed, providing for a more secure mobile deployment for enterprises using SONY devices, particularly in areas where security is paramount such as finance, healthcare and automotive.
SOTI MobiControl 13.0 is available now. For more information about SOTI MobiControl, visit www.soti.net/products/mobicontrol/overview/.
About SOTI Inc.
SOTI is the world’s most trusted provider of Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions, with more than 15,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI’s innovative portfolio of solutions and services provide the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobility investments. SOTI’s flagship product, MobiControl, allows enterprises to enable, optimize and secure their mobile workforce across all platforms to support corporate-liable and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policies. SOTI extends secure mobility management to provide a total, flexible solution for comprehensive management and security of all mobile devices and connected peripherals deployed in an organization. For more information, visit www.soti.net.