RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
With year end comes a look back on what was hot in the Geo tech industry. And so we share a list of the most popular posts to hit GISuser during 2015… enjoy!
- The Google Maps Engine Deprecation Timeline and Some Alternatives – A timeline of activity relating to the deprecation of Google Maps Engine and the subsequent interest from Esri and CartoDB
- ESRIUC Feature – 10 Things that turned my head at the 2015 ESRIUC – 10 Things that turned my head at ESRIUC (in no particular order), along with several “bonus” inclusions.
- Have Infographics and Data Visualizations Ruined Good Map Design? Today’s visualization (or can I call it a social media map?) often neglects most of the issues raised here let along give any consideration to the map clarity, projection, scale, orientation or map composition yet people love them!
- Esri Wants to Make 3D GIS Easy for Google Earth Clients With ArcGIS Earth – Esri’s new effort to support the transition to an ESRI solution from the Google Earth Pro environment.
- Google Announces that Google Earth Pro is now free – This came from Google in Feb. “Starting today, even more people will be able to access Google Earth Pro: we’re making it available for free”
- 10 Question GeoGeek Rapidfire – Dawn Wright @DeepseaDawn – our popular Q&A feature with the Chief Scientist of Esri
- Academics and Employers Name the World’s Top Universities in 36 Disciplines – The expert opinion of 85,062 academics and 41,910 employers informed the results, alongside the analysis of 17.3 million research papers
- Where’s the Cheap Gas? The GasBuddy HeatMap Can Tell You – this feature proved how people really want to know where to locate the cheapest gas!
- The Google Maps Streetview Player – We all love checking out Street scapes on Google StreetView but did you know you can view an entire “slideshow” like view using this way cool Google Streetview Player?
- Images from the 2015 ESRIUC in San Diego, CA – Each year for the past 16 years the photo gallery captured from the Editor is always a crowd fave!