BluMetric Environmental Inc. (TSX-V: BLM), an Ottawa-based cleantech company, is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a new contract, exceeding C$3.2M in the first year of a possible five-year span, to provide environmental engineering services to Vale Canada Limited (a subsidiary of Vale (NYSE: VALE)). The contract provisions allow for the future addition of similar services and for future contracts over the five years.
Highlights of the Contract
- Currently valued at more than $3.2 million with expected future growth over the term of the contract;
- Potential for future projects for the same facilities to be added as part of this contract;
- Total timespan of combined projects may reach five years;
- Project skills required include hydrology and hydrogeology, groundwater and surface-water testing and management, as well as environmental, civil, and water resources engineering.
As part of the project, BluMetric will undertake drilling, monitoring, and pumping of wells, aquifer tests and groundwater and surface-water sampling. Data collected during the project will be incorporated into the existing GIS-based Environmental Information System developed by BluMetric for Vale.
“This new contract emphasizes not only the stability of our long-time client relationships but the effectiveness of our expanding technology reach and service offering,” said Nell van Walsum, President of BluMetric’s Professional Services group. “We have been intent on building our skillsets in areas that are highlighted by client needs, and this demand-sensitive strategy has been very effective for the Professional Services group in this instance.”
“Our focus on strategic corporate growth strategies is rewarded by this type of contract,” said Roger Woeller, CEO of BluMetric Environmental. “We offer professional services that are highly attentive to client needs. We are successful because we tailor our offerings in anticipation of the client demand and the market environment. This contract demonstrates the strength of this approach and it will remain an essential component of our overall strategy and our base for growth.”
BluMetric, a cleantech company, delivers sustainable solutions to complex environmental issues. The Company serves clients in many industrial sectors, and at all levels of government, in Canada and abroad.
BluMetric operates through two groups:
- Professional Services, providing environmental earth sciences and engineering solutions, including contaminated site remediation, water resource management, industrial hygiene, occupational health & safety, and renewable energy;
- Water Systems, focusing on design-build and pre-engineered product solutions to industrial/commercial water and wastewater treatment needs.