RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
In search of a population database to support your GIS and mapping needs? The folks at East View are now offering customized clip-outs from the LandScan Global Population Database to suit your specific data coverage needs.
Some of the custom coverage options available to users include:
- Climate Regions and Exposure
- Coastal Areas and Storm Surge
- Earthquakes and Fault Lines
- Flood Zones and Flood Hazards
- Infectious Disease Outbreaks and Spread
- Oil & Gas Pipelines and Exploration
- Pollution Control Zones and Emissions
- Railroads and Transportation Routes
- Urban and Rural Extents
- Volcano Hazard and Exposure
About the Population Database…
The LandScan Global Population Database, developed at the Department of Energy’s Oak Ridge National Laboratory, represents the world’s finest resolution global population distribution database available. Offering the most accurate and reliable, geographically based, population distribution model, LandScan is a useful application for risk analysis, research and educational, humanitarian, and corporate settings.
LandScan is widely considered the gold standard in global population data. New versions of LandScan have been released annually since the year 2000.
5 Uses of the Global Population DataBase include:
- Risk Analysts
- Academic Researchers
- Disease Modelers
- Network Planners
- Humanitarian Responders
[Tweet “Data Tip – Customized Coverage from LandScan Global Population Database”]