Esri’s new release of ArcGIS 10.3 includes ArcGIS Pro, a desktop application that will help geographic information system (GIS) professionals complete their GIS projects faster and more easily than ever.
ArcGIS Pro provides all the tools you need to author and edit both 2D and 3D maps, perform analysis, view maps side by side, create multiple layouts from one or more 2D and 3D maps, and then share your work with others. You can use data from either your network or online sources in the application.
To familiarize yourself with ArcGIS Pro, tune in to the Esri live training seminar Streamline GIS Workflows with ArcGIS Pro on January 29, 2015. The presenters will introduce you to the fundamental concepts of the application along with the workflows you need to understand to start using it.
After viewing the seminar, you will understand how to
- Build a project with ArcGIS Pro that will organize all your work in one place.
- Import documents into ArcGIS Pro from ArcGIS for Desktop’s ArcMap and ArcGIS 3D Analyst extension’s ArcScene applications.
- Connect to geodatabases and other data sources from within the ArcGIS Pro application.
- Manage, edit, and analyze GIS data quickly and efficiently.
- Author 2D and 3D maps and layouts.
- Share content as web layers to your ArcGIS Online organizational or internal portal.
ArcGIS Pro is a 64-bit multithreaded application that, combined with an intuitive ribbon-based interface, is a strong addition to the ArcGIS platform. If you are a GIS professional, attending this seminar will give you a jump-start on how to get the most out of this exciting new technology.
You will need a broadband Internet connection and an Esri Account to watch the live training seminar. Creating an Esri Account is easy and free: visit esri.com/lts, click Login at the top right, and register your name and e-mail address.
January 29, 2015
9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., and 3:00 p.m. (PST)