RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
A fun dataviz from Groupon recently shared food capitals of the USA and other interesting and fun food musings. Get some great foodie tips on how to locate the National mustard museum, where to find the World’s biggest bottle of ketchup, and directions to the sports bar capital of the US!
The map was shared with Groupon as part of their new Taste of Groupon promotion, an effort to awesome local eateries From Groupon…
“Every town, big or small, has boast-worthy restaurants,” said Julie Szudarek, SVP of Groupon Local. “Taste of Groupon is the latest example of how we’re spotlighting these great businesses, connecting them with our huge audience and driving additional traffic through their doors.”
Some of the top restaurants in the collection include:
- Michelin Starred Aquavit in New York
- TLC’s “Cake Boss” star Carlo’s Bakery in North Jersey
- The Gorbals in Los Angeles, starring Ilan Hall
- Rick Bayless’ Frontera Grill in Chicago
- Sala Thai in Washington, D.C.
- Michelin Starred Valentino in Santa Monica
- Dine in an historic lighthouse in Boston
- CY Steak in Denver
- RumFish Grill in Tampa, which includes diving in a gigantic tank with exotic fish
In tandem with the Taste of Groupon collection, Groupon has also determined food capitals across the nation based on purchasing trends of customers. Notable conclusions include:
- Cincinnati eats the most meat (spanning categories such as burgers, sausages and steak)
- Italian restaurants are more popular in Westchester, New York than any other market
- Las Vegas is, shockingly, the drinking capital of the United States
- Phoenix takes the lead in terms of smoothie and chocolate shake consumption
Groupon is also running a photo contest on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Participants share a picture of their favorite dish at a restaurant for the chance to win $100 in Groupon Bucks to spend during the Taste of Groupon. Details can be found here.