Introduction to App Development with APIs for Nokia Maps and Location Services for Series 40 Phones
Consumers around the world are actively looking for location-based apps to make their Series 40 phones smarter, easier to use, and more relevant to their lives while on the move. The good news is that you can develop great location-based mobile applications using the Maps API for Java ME. With this API you can easily integrate Nokia Maps and location-based services into your apps aimed at a range of Series 40 phones.
This webinar will introduce you to the basic skills of displaying and interacting with a map, including zooming and panning. The session also will show you how to add your own content, icons, and markers to take advantage of the API’s versatile event-handling system, enabling users to interact with the displayed content. You’ll also be introduced to the use of related geographic services, such as searching, routing, and sharing locations.
The features of the Maps API for Java ME include:
- Multiple map types optimised for mobile displays – street map, satellite, transit and terrain views.
- Reduced latency and less network traffic though built-in intelligent map caching and tiling.
- Touch support for map panning and zooming.
- Customisable markers for settingcolour, labels, and images.
- Polygons and polylines – set colours and transparency levels.
- Map components are open to extension to customise and override standard functionality.
- Standard “out-of-the box” support for KML parsing and for adding custom overlays.
Register now for the session most convenient to you:
Today’s TOP news! Learn Spatial Analysis via Free, Esri MOOC