RECRUITERS Post your GeoJob Ad Today
Jiwire has recently released some interesting statistics on location and mobile data, most notable, users tend to prefer purchasing from a physical store when within 5 miles and overall, social checkins are boring! Finally, no surprise here but tablet usage is soaring and the big 3 mobile OS’ to look at (US and UK) are iOS, Android, and Windows Mobile/Phone.
Some noteworthy observations from the report:
- Tablet usage is up 84 percent since Q4 2010.
- iPad, Android and Windows Mobile 7 gain market share in the U.S. and U.K.
- Sixty-six percent of consumers prefer shopping for a $50 dollar item at a regularly visited store if within 5 miles
- 73 percent of males make purchases on their mobile devices compared to 61 percent of females
- Tablet usage is up 20 percent, smartphone usage is up 24 percent and by comparison, laptop usage is down 10 percent
- Consumer purchase intent is 50 percent higher for smartphones and/or tablets compared to laptops over the next six months
- Adults 24 years old and under are more likely to purchase a smartphone and/or laptop in the next six months while adults between the ages of 25 and 44 are more likely to purchase a tablet
- Electronics, retail, entertainment and travel are the most frequently purchased categories
- Re location data checkin, 35 percent feel positive toward it, 35 percent either do not like it or understand it, while 30 percent do not care about checking in
- 39 percent of males claim that they “like” or “love” checking in while only 30 percent of women feel that way about checking in
- U.S. and U.K. both saw a drop in market share with the iOS