DALLAS–Superpages.com®, the local search expert, has released an updated mobile app and a newly optimized iPad® app with increased content to help consumers navigate the madness of the holiday rush.
Consumers won’t need to drive around searching for the lowest gas price next time they’re low on gas. They can use the new gas station search feature, which allows consumers to search for gas stations based on distance, price, grade, brand and even service. The map integration makes it simple to fill up for less with color-coded pricing and a savings calculator.
Consumers will also find expanded Foursquare tips for gas stations and movie theaters making it easier to pick which holiday blockbuster to go see.
The Yellow Pages by Superpages® app, or the “Spin it, Say it, Search it” app, lets consumers search using the Superpages spinner with a flick of their finger. The spinner is on the home page of the app and lets consumers spin to more than 175 popular Yellow Pages categories.
The Yellow Pages by Superpages applications are available on the iPad, iPhone® or iPod® Touch, and Android phone and tablet platforms, and the Superpages mobile website at m.superpages.com is available to use on nearly all mobile phones. The Superpages app will also be available soon on the Kindle Fire.
Other super features:
- Search hands-free by voice. No more typing when on the go, consumers can now say what they’re looking for and search results appear, ordered by distance to the current location.
- When typing is needed, the single field search with auto-complete will guess what consumers are looking for and help complete the entry faster.
- Find movies fast. Search by movie or theater and see show times, read reviews, or watch trailers.
- Use the iPhone or iPad camera lens as a visual scanner to find what’s nearby. Augmented Reality technology allows consumers to visualize search results. See business data and directional guides float on the screen while you view your surroundings in real time.
- Search money-saving deals from local restaurants, auto repair shops, health and beauty services, home improvement contractors, hotels, and more.
- Business detail pages now have swipe-bar actions. Easily click-to-call, read or write reviews, save or email business info, view websites, get maps and directions, or share on Facebook.
- Get directions and find your way. Get step-by-step interactive driving directions with an option to have multiple stops on the way to your destination.
To download the Yellow Pages by Superpages app, visit your device’s app store or visit Superpages.com/mobile.
SuperMedia Inc. (NASDAQ: SPMD) helps small- and medium-sized businesses grow through effective local marketing solutions across print, online, mobile and social media. SuperMedia solutions include: the award-winning SuperGuarantee® program, Superpages® directories, published for Verizon®, FairPoint® and Frontier®, Superpages.com®, EveryCarListed.com®, Superpages for your mobile and Superpages direct mail products. For more information, visit www.supermedia.com.
Today’s TOP news! Learn Spatial Analysis via Free, Esri MOOC