This bad-boy is “fast” among other things… so, we look at some other cool things about the Oce TCS500 that you may or may not know about. The successor to the Oce TCS400, users enjoy among other things E-size color plots in just 60 seconds, B&W in just 40 seconds, Océ Dynamic Switching technology, Convenient color management, Fast file processing, full queue control and much more. I had a detailed demo and discussion with company reps recently at the ESRI UC and knew right away that this product merits mention in our 10 Cool Things spotlight… read on for the list.
The skinny… The Océ TCS500 is a modular wide-format color system. The Océ TCS500 offers a wide range of print and copy functions. The Océ TCS500 uses the CMYK color model. The printer contains printheads for cyan, magenta, yellow, and black (CMYK) and is based on thermal inkjet technology.
Top 10 Advantages the Océ TCS500 provides GIS users:
- More prints per hour, more prints per day: 120 monochrome D-size prints/hour, 103 color D-size prints/hour
- Faster processing, faster printing: Standard 1 GB of RAM, Standard 80 GB Hard Drive
- Unattended Printing: 1, 2, or 3 rolls of media on-line with automatic intelligent roll switching
- Continuous Production: Change media (30 seconds start to finish) and ink tanks while the printer is printing
- Protect Initial Investment: Start with a one roll printer today, add extra rolls or multifunctionality (fully integrated print, copy & scan) as needs change
- Meet demands: Prioritize rush jobs and send check plots and reprint at higher quality setting without reprocessing print
- Simplify printing: No longer have to sacrifice print quality for print speed: Océ’s revolutionary
Dynamic Switching Technology optimizes print quality and print speed for lines/text & images in same file
- Save time with free Print Exec Workgroup LT: Collated set printing, job naming capability, flexible job configurations with different settings for different files within one job
- Flexible finishing option: Océ Copy Receiving Rack capable of accepting many types of media & stacks 200 E-size plots
- Less waiting time to scan: No warm-up time for Océ TCS500 Scanner, Océ’s own technology with one
See also Why should GIS operators care about printing? Download White Paper (PDF 105 kb)
Today’s TOP news! Learn Spatial Analysis via Free, Esri MOOC