A new resource is now available for developers of location-based services… The Tele Atlas DeveloperLink program – offering tools, discussion, and resources for developers of location-based services. Nothing offical has appeared anywhere to date (as far as I’ve seen), however, searching the Tele Atlas site does turn up some information about the program titled Tele Atlas DeveloperLink. According to the pitch… The DeveloperLink Website includes everything you need to get started including business and technical resources, and third party apps and programs.
I also did receive this information about the program from a person within Tele Atlas apparently tasked with promoting it:
Tele Atlas’s DeveloperLink program is a free online resource that gives developers access to the technology, business tools, and services to increase their potential for success in geographic application development. The program will offer extensive technical components such as free sample data and prototyping tools in addition to valuable business support that enables users to establish a business relationship with Tele Atlas’s global partner community. Furthermore, in the weeks and months to come, Tele Atlas will add forums to help users communicate and develop and maintain these contacts.
See the program at http://developerlink.teleatlas.com.
The Tele Atlas website also offers up the following:
- Technical resources for application developers
Gain access to sample Tele Atlas map data, data evaluation capabilities, and viewing tools that enable you to begin using our data quickly
- Obtain links to third-party commercial tools and development programs that integrate Tele Atlas content and help enhance your development environment
- Work with free documentation and training materials that help maximize your team’s productivity
- Join free discussion forums where you can access technical information from industry experts and share your perspectives with other developers
- Browse our community directory for complementary technologies that help accelerate your product development cycle.
Once I created a profile and logged in I had access to a user forum (coming soon), and loads of documents about the Tele Atlas MultiNet solution, Tele Atlas GDF Viewer, and the GeoEngine mapping toolkit as well as links to third party developer tools and programs (like Autodesk, ESRI , GeoMicro, Telcontar, Mapquest, and others)
Today’s TOP news! Trimble Adds Satellite Imagery Data Support