Avenza Systems Inc. has recently announced MAPdataUSA3.0, a complete royalty-free library of enhanced US Census TIGER data in Shape file (SHP) format. Enhancements include joined road and water layers, proper name directory of states and counties, convenient 5-DVD package and concatenated road names to a single column for easier labeling and selecting.
OOPS… an error was made in our newsletter on Wed. Feb 1, 2006 – if you’re looking for thh following article… GeoExpress 6 Improving the way people distribute and use imagery; much more than image compression – Please Click HERE
Simple to use and convenient… Each DVD contains several folders labeled by state or territory name. Within each state folder there are multiple zip archives named by county. There is one zip archive for each county in a given state.Each file is clearly named using the county or area name followed by the 5-digit county code number and the .zip extension. Simply open the desired county zip file using your preferred unzip application and then open or import the desired data layers.
Some key features include:
Information about MAPdataUSA 3.0 benefits:
- 5 DVD library provides easy access to complete US Census TIGER data
- Completely royalty-free for all uses
- already in Shape file format for direct use with MAPublisher and most GIS packages
- organized by state and county using proper names for easy and convenient access
- polylined or joined linear files of roads and water lines.
- up to 45 data layers for each county (see www.avenza.com for full listing)
- road name columns have been concatenated for easier labeling
- includes ZIP codes tabulation areas
- compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems
- includes additional data tables for roads and landmarks
Today’s TOP news! Learn Spatial Analysis via Free, Esri MOOC