The 2005 versions of Geoscience Australia’s NATMAP Raster and NATMAP Raster Premium are now available. NATMAP Raster 2005 showpieces the 1:250 000 scale topographic mapping program covering Australia, complementing GEODATA TOPO–250K Series 2, Geoscience Australia’s fundamental topographic spatial database.
Since its first release in 2000, NATMAP Raster digital maps of Australia has become one of Geoscience Australia’s most popular products. The 2005 release offers the perfect combination of 1:250 000 scale topographic map content and reliability for both home and work use.
- Includes all published 1:250 000 scale NATMAPs up to December 2004.
- Load maps by selecting from more than 310,000 place names, coordinates, NATMAP name or by using the index map.
- Over 100 new maps added.
- Measure distances on-screen.
- Display coordinates as latitude/longitude or grid coordinates, on either the GDA or AGD datum.
- Image resolution to 200dpi.
- Overview windows provide convenient indication of the location of the map on display in relation to the surrounding region and Australia.
- Includes software to select, view and manage the digital maps.
- Compatible with GPS software such as OziExplorer or TrackRanger.
- Compatible with most GIS and graphics packages, either by direct viewing or by exporting to GeoTIFF, TIFF, JPEG, Bitmap, or PNG formats.
- Print maps for area of interest.
- Dynamic scale bar changes as you zoom
- Ideal for laptop or desktop computers.
This year’s versions combine the data from NATMAP Raster Mosaic 2003, and NATMAP Raster Mapsheets 2003 into one package, for only $99 (NATMAP Raster on four CDs). This includes all current five hundred and thirteen 1:250 000 scale topographic NATMAPs. The maps are provided individually, and as a continuous map of Australia. 1:1 000 000 and 1:5 000 000 scale maps of Australia, and the 2002 Australian Greenhouse Office (AGO) Landsat Satellite Mosaic of Australia at 50 metre resolution are also included.
Features updated in 2005:
- Inclusion of 109 new maps released after September 2003.
- Grid based (e.g. MGA94) and Geographic based images (Latitude and Longitude) both available on the same package (no need to purchase 2 versions).
- Improved installation and software setup.
- Simplified configuration tool (Raster Map Manager replaces the RasterViewer Configurator) allowing you to easily specify where maps are stored.
- The ability to measure map distances by tracing on the screen with a new “Measure Distance” tool.
- Reference scalebar and scale ratio now displayed on the map window.
- Higher Image quality DVD based Premium version available.
NATMAP Raster Premium, on two DVDs ($119), includes the same map content as NATMAP Raster 2005, but with enhanced image quality by using less image compression. Instead of the five hundred and thirteen individual maps, eight UTM zone mosaics are provided in MGA94. Raster Premium also includes a 25 metre resolution AGO Landsat Satellite Mosaic of Australia.