SFU (UNIGGIS) Post-graduate certificate in theoretical and applied GIS is the first distance learning certificate program in GIS in North America… now registering for September.
Designed to be completed in 2 years, the program consists of 12 courses, each requiring 70 to 85 hours of study over a two month period. Upon completetion, a Certificate in Geographic Information Systems will be granted by Simon Fraser University.
The emphasis of the UniGIS program is on acquiring knowledge of the design and implementation of Geographic Information Systems. It provides the necessary background to understand spatial relations and geographic modelling and to undertake geographic analysis.
The program focusses on the skills needed to create an effective Geographic Information System through:
- translating management and scientific problems into GIS
- designing and implementing appropriate methods of data capture
- designing spatial analysis procedures within GIS
- using techniques of spatial statistics within GIS
- designing and using databases within GIS
- designing map output in a variety of media
- implementing quality control procedures
- managing a GIS project and implementing GIS within an organization
- studying the social implications of GIS
SFU has made arrangements with theirUK partners for students to apply the Certificate in Theoretical and Applied Geographic Information Systems to an MSc degree by completing an additional year of part-time study with a thesis.
To apply, complete the application form and return it with your resume, official post secondary transcripts, and non-refundable application fee payment of Cdn $60 to:
UniGIS, Management and Professional Programs
Simon Fraser University at Harbour Centre
515 West Hastings Street
Vancouver, B.C. Canada V6B 5K3
See also http://www.unigis.org
Today’s TOP news! Learn Spatial Analysis via Free, Esri MOOC